[webkit-dev] Request for position on import.meta.resolve()

Domenic Denicola d at domenic.me
Mon Jun 6 09:07:13 PDT 2022

Hi webkit-dev,

We're proposing a small additional function to add to the HTML Standard, named import.meta.resolve(). See the PR [1] and a mini-explainer [2]. Gecko folks have reviewed the PR and contributed to the discussion, but any thoughts from WebKit would be very welcome.

We're hoping to ship in Chrome within the next few weeks, and I imagine web developers would love it if you were to also implement. We have a basic implementation and web platform tests you may find useful [3].

Thanks,
Domenic

[1]: https://github.com/whatwg/html/pull/5572
[2]: https://gist.github.com/domenic/f2a0a9cb62d499bcc4d12aebd1c255ab