[webkit-dev] Deployment of new EWS Non-Unified builder

Claudio Saavedra csaavedra at igalia.com
Thu Jun 2 04:27:09 PDT 2022

On Wed, 2022-06-01 at 16:39 -0700, Ryosuke Niwa via webkit-dev wrote:
> One day per month for one beginner sounds like a really low
> maintenance cost compared to having every WebKit developer fix non-
> unified builds at all times.

I'm sorry, but this is not about having "every WK developer fix non-
unified builds at all times", it's about everyone making sure that
their patches are correct. A patch that uses API in one file without
making sure the required headers are included is not a correct patch
and unified builds are only hiding the issues. I don't see how this can
be controversial.

Also, there is no pool of beginner developers who can be fixing missing
includes all the time; even if we had spare manpower, it's more
beneficial for the project (and themselves) if they spend that time
doing gardening or fixing actual bugs.

Claudio