[webkit-dev] Proposal to update WebKitGTK dependency policy

Michael Catanzaro mcatanzaro at gnome.org
Mon Feb 28 13:11:07 PST 2022

On Thu, Feb 17 2022 at 01:20:50 PM -0600, Michael Catanzaro via
webkit-dev <webkit-dev at lists.webkit.org> wrote:
> That seems like a reasonable request. I'll delay modifying the policy
> until I'm able to provide an answer regarding the requested bots.

This could take a while, so the proposed policy change is dead for now.

But hypothetically, if I did have some bots ready, would Igalia be OK
with the proposed change? You seemed skeptical ("I think this may cause
tension in the future regarding supporting the usual GNOME libraries
that move fast: GTK, GStreamer, etc") and I'm sensitive to the fact
that proposing additional burden on other devs is not exactly a super
nice thing to do. I wonder what other devs think.

Michael