[webkit-dev] Proposed changes to Bugzilla 'Resolution' categories

Michael Catanzaro mcatanzaro at gnome.org
Thu Feb 10 12:06:19 PST 2022

On Thu, Feb 10 2022 at 11:55:56 AM -0800, Brent Fulgham via webkit-dev
<webkit-dev at lists.webkit.org> wrote:
> (1) Add a new “Behaves As Designed” option:
>
>> This will represent bugs that were filed when the reporter
>> misunderstands a feature, or wants behavior that we have considered,
>> but chosen not to allow.
>>
>> This would be used instead of the somewhat offensive “WONTFIX”
>> or mildly offensive “INVALID” resolutions we currently use.

I'm surprised we don't already have an appropriate status for this,
considering how common it is. Calling this NOTABUG would match at least
one other major Bugzilla instance, and is nice and short.
Alternatively, we could call it EXPECTED BEHAVIOR. BEHAVES AS DESIGNED
seems a bit long.

> (2) Add a new “Platform To Resolve” option:

Like Simon, I currently use the existing MOVED status to indicate this
("Moved" to external tracker), although it's not a perfect fit if I
simply tell the reporter to report elsewhere (in that case, it really
means "needs to be moved"). If we want to add another status for this,
we should look for a simpler name.

Michael