[webkit-dev] Announcing EWS status-bubbles on Github PRs
aakash_jain at apple.com
Wed Aug 17 14:03:24 PDT 2022
I am happy to announce EWS status-bubbles on Github PRs. We’ve ported many of the best features of Bugzilla EWS status-bubbles to a GitHub compatible format.
From now on, when you create any new GitHub PR, you will automatically see EWS status-bubbles on your PRs. We also mirror the latest status-bubble on top (in PR description) so that it is always easy to find consistently in same place. Due to different architecture, we wouldn't be porting the "position in queue" feature from Bugzilla status-bubbles to GitHub status-bubbles.
Following are the main benefits of status-bubbles over GitHub checks:
- status-bubbles are displayed for all the queues, even if builds haven't started on those queues
- in case PR has multiple iterations, status-bubbles are displayed for all the iterations
- displayed even after a PR is merged/closed
- easy to glance through the status of all the queues
- Retry failed build support https://webkit.org/b/244055
- Generate detailed hover-over text for each status-bubble (including information about build-steps) https://webkit.org/b/244053
- Orange status-bubble equivalent in Github status-bubbles https://webkit.org/b/244054
If you notice any issue, please feel free to file bugs (and assign to me).
More information about the webkit-dev