[webkit-dev] WebKit and GitHub Update

Michael Catanzaro mcatanzaro at gnome.org
Tue Apr 12 06:16:56 PDT 2022

On Mon, Apr 11 2022 at 03:55:36 PM -0700, Jonathan Bedard via
webkit-dev <webkit-dev at lists.webkit.org> wrote:
> start creating some pull requests!

Hi,

For pull requests to find interested reviewers, we need a way to
subscribe to labels. E.g. I want to receive notifications for pull
requests with a WebKitGTK or WPE label. Another developer might want to
watch Network, Multimedia, JavaScriptCore, Web Inspector, etc. This is
super easy to do with GitLab, but GitHub does not have this
functionality at all. I believe when we previously discussed this
problem, somebody suggested running a bot that would allow us to
emulate this functionality by subscribing to notifications from the
bot. Does anybody remember what this bot was, or have another concrete
suggestion on how to make this work?

(This will be a problem for issues as well, if we eventually move from
Bugzilla to GitHub issues, but I imagine the solution would be the
same.)

Michael