[webkit-dev] Recommended GitHub Settings

Jonathan Bedard jbedard at apple.com
Thu Oct 21 15:45:26 PDT 2021

Hey folks,

We’ve had some contributors reach out to us about notifications they are starting to receive because of our development of GitHub pull-requests. Given the size of the WebKit project, we have a few recommendations of how to configure your notification settings. On https://github.com/WebKit/WebKit <https://github.com/WebKit/WebKit>, under the “Watch” menu, you can pick when you are notified. By default, this is “All Activity,” which will include every pull-request anyone makes. It’s unlikely this is desirable. You most likely want to only be notified on pull-requests you are specifically mentioned in or are participating in, if you want to be notified at all.

In addition to this, I will start inviting active contributors to the WebKit organization based on the GitHub usernames in contributors.json. You should be able to accept this invite at https://github.com/WebKit <https://github.com/WebKit> when it comes.

Jonathan
WebKit Continuous Integration