[webkit-dev] GitHub Usernames in contributors.json

Jonathan Bedard jbedard at apple.com
Fri Oct 8 14:13:12 PDT 2021

Hello WebKittens,

As I continue to bring up GitHub infrastructure, it’s coming time to start representing various permissions of the WebKit project in GitHub. In order to represent these permissions, we need a record of active contributor’s GitHub usernames. We’re doing this in contributors.json, which has now been moved to metadata/contributors.json.

Adding GitHub users is supported as of 242713 at main <https://commits.webkit.org/242713@main> (r283833 <https://trac.webkit.org/changeset/283833/webkit>).

The expectation is that active contributors are adding their usernames to contributors.json over the next 4-6 weeks. A GitHub username in contributors.json will be necessary to retain committer and reviewer privileges as we transition to GitHub.

Jonathan