[webkit-dev] [PSA] WebKitGTK layout testers available on the Bugzilla EWS bubbles

Michael Catanzaro mcatanzaro at gnome.org
Fri Dec 24 07:00:44 PST 2021

On Fri, Dec 24 2021 at 12:44:49 AM +0000, Carlos Alberto Lopez Perez
via webkit-dev <webkit-dev at lists.webkit.org> wrote:
> So we ended deploying a different version of the EWS that has a much
> higher tolerance to pre-existent failures (up to 500 before exiting
> early) and also that tries hard to discard pre-existent failures and
> flakies by repeating each failure 10 times with patch and 10 times
> without it. [1]

Mixed thoughts on this:

 (1) Good job. Having layout tests on EWS is a great improvement. We've
been talking about this for a long time, and you finally made it happen!

 (2) That you needed to use such a big hammer to make the EWS work
reliably suggests either that either WebKitGTK quality or WebKit test
quality is quite low. I'm sure it's a mix of both, but mostly the
former, because test flakiness is not this severe for Apple ports. This
is not encouraging.

 (3) Any plans for WPE?

Anyway, I agree this was the best approach given the current situation.

Happy holidays,

Michael