[webkit-dev] Request for position on self.reportError()

Domenic Denicola d at domenic.me
Fri Aug 27 13:58:56 PDT 2021

Hi webkit-dev,

We recently added a small utility function, self.reportError(), to the HTML Standard [1]. It is pretty simple and just lets developers appropriately send errors to the "error" event handler and the console, like what happens when the browser reports uncaught exceptions.

This is already implemented in Firefox and we're looking to ship it in Chrome soon. Would you all be interested this feature as well? It should be pretty simple to implement; it was for us at least. [2]

Thanks,
-Domenic

[1]: https://github.com/whatwg/html/pull/1196

[2]: https://chromium-review.googlesource.com/c/chromium/src/+/3125854