[webkit-dev] Request for position: Removing 3DES from TLS

Alex Christensen achristensen at apple.com
Thu Apr 29 13:15:19 PDT 2021

Thanks, David.  I think we’re on the same page now.

Ah, yes.  Now I see that when connecting to https://3des.badssl.com/ Chrome will send a retry client hello with TLS_RSA_WITH_3DES_EDE_CBC_SHA (0x000a)

> (By the way, it looks like, on my machine, Safari on Big Sur also supports TLS_RSA_WITH_3DES_EDE_CBC_SHA.)
You are correct.  I overlooked that one, which upon closer inspection was right next to the other ones the whole time.