[webkit-dev] Detecting and handling unresponsive web processes

Michael Catanzaro mcatanzaro at gnome.org
Wed Apr 28 07:33:14 PDT 2021

On Wed, Apr 28 2021 at 04:14:16 PM +0200, Miguel Gomez via webkit-dev
<webkit-dev at lists.webkit.org> wrote:
> But if we give the option to disable this behavior, then we need to
> provide a way for the apps to handle the situation, don't you think?
> And this means adding new API (being it the one to retrieve the
> process
> ID or the one to kill the web content process directly).

Would an application ever want to do something to handle the situation
other than load a new page? Perhaps you would want to use
webkit_web_view_load_alternate_html() to display an error page, for
example.

An API to allow killing the process is only needed if the application
wants to do something when the process is killed *without* loading a
new page, yes?