[webkit-dev] New fast commit queue mode: fast-cq

Aakash Jain aakash_jain at apple.com
Thu Apr 8 13:44:51 PDT 2021

Hi Everyone,

I am happy to inform you that I have added a fast-commit-queue mode to the Commit-Queue. In this mode Commit-Queue would land patches quickly (typically taking ~1 minute, e.g.: https://ews-build.webkit.org/#/builders/28/builds/10876). This mode skips building and testing. It basically does sanity check (like validating ChangeLog, Reviewer, Committer etc.) and commits the patch. This is intended to be used for scenarios where the patch is a build fix, urgent fix, quick typo/follow-up fix etc.

To use this mode, you can use the --fast-cq parameter while uploading the patch using webkit-patch command. e.g.: 'webkit-patch upload --fast-cq'. For patches which are already uploaded to Bugzilla, you can rename the patch (by clicking on 'Details' button for the patch), and prefix patch name with [fast-cq], e.g.: '[fast-cq] Patch for landing'.

Pro-tip: you can also rename the patch to include [fast-cq] prefix while marking the patch cq+, from patch 'Details' page, and this mode would work.

Please let me know if you have any questions/feedback.

Thanks
Aakash