[webkit-dev] Reducing / removing use of Makefile based DerivedSources.make

Sam Weinig sam at webkit.org
Sun Oct 18 10:10:51 PDT 2020

> On Oct 17, 2020, at 12:34 PM, Fujii Hironori <fujii.hironori at gmail.com <mailto:fujii.hironori at gmail.com>> wrote:
>

> On Sun, Oct 18, 2020 at 2:00 AM Sam Weinig <weinig at webkit.org <mailto:weinig at webkit.org>> wrote:
>
> What are your thoughts on this?
>
> I'm disappointed. I want to use CMake for all ports.

I hear you, it would indeed be nice to have a single build system, but I’d really like to keep this thread specifically about the explicit issue of DerivedSources.make use for the current Xcode based builds.

I encourage you to start a separate thread about moving to a CMake only world. There are plenty of seperate challenges there (e.g. generating identical output, maintaining Xcode based work flows, etc.), and I am not sure how practical it is, but I think enumerating the challenging and discussing them is important.

Thanks,
- Sam