[webkit-dev] Github mirror is not updating

Ryosuke Niwa rniwa at webkit.org
Mon Nov 30 14:39:00 PST 2020

On Thu, Nov 26, 2020 at 11:33 PM Adrien Destugues via webkit-dev <
webkit-dev at lists.webkit.org> wrote:

> I noticed that the github mirror at https://github.com/webkit/webkit is
> not getting
> the latest commits from WebKit (it is now about a month behind). Is that
> intentional?

We're actively working on resolving this issue. This current disruption is
caused by GitHub repository preferring to Git repository created off of
accessing the source-of-the-truth subversion repository over HTTPS instead
of accessing it over HTTP. However, since we're in the midst of Git
transition and this transition requires us adding a new numeric
identifier to each commit message, we're doing that work so that we can
push one new Git repository to GitHub instead of temporarily fixing this
issue and then later causing a disruption again. Sorry for the
inconveniences & thanks for your understanding.

- R. Niwa