[webkit-dev] Platform.h vs. makefiles

Maciej Stachowiak mjs at apple.com
Sun May 10 22:07:35 PDT 2020

I think the best way to configure WebKit is to use a separate data file, neither a header nor a makefile or similar, that defines the options in a single place with clear syntax. Then everything else is generated from that. Such a system could cover runtime flags as well, which are even more scattered around the project than compile-time flags.

Moving logic from build files to the header is probably a move in the right direction, though of course it carries risk, particularly for less tested configurations.

-  Maciej