[webkit-dev] Position on User-Agent Client Hints

Maciej Stachowiak mjs at apple.com
Fri May 8 00:04:22 PDT 2020

I would consider myself mildly positive as to the direction, but that’s my personal view for the moment, absent consultation with my colleagues. I will solicit more viewpoints.

I particularly appreciate the responsiveness to feedback and that Yoav in particular has been willing to iterate.

I think there’s a number of things in the spec that should be cleaned up before an implementation ships enabled by default, specifically around interop, privacy, and protection against UA lockouts. I know there are PRs in flight for some of these issues. I think it would be good to get more of the open issues to resolution before actually shipping this.

Regards,
Maciej