[webkit-dev] Plugin process

Michael Catanzaro mcatanzaro at gnome.org
Mon Jul 20 08:43:20 PDT 2020

On Mon, Jul 20, 2020 at 9:35 am, Michael Catanzaro
<mcatanzaro at gnome.org> wrote:
> For now, I'll submit a patch to deprecate these settings without
> changing behavior yet.

Meh, I did this, but realized that it's easier to write deprecation
messages when we remove support for the feature at the same time that
it's deprecated. That is, if we wait until after branching to
deprecate, we can write:

Deprecated: 2.32: NPAPI browser plugins are insecure and no longer
supported.

Rather than:

Deprecated: 2.30: NPAPI browser plugins are insecure and will no longer
be supported in 2.32.

And then later changing it to:

Deprecated: 2.30: NPAPI browser plugins are insecure and no longer
supported since 2.32.

So let's wait until branching.