[webkit-dev] Suggesting to enable paint timing by default

Noam Rosenthal noam at webkit.org
Fri Jul 17 00:12:43 PDT 2020

On Thu, Jul 16, 2020 at 11:03 PM Keith Miller <keith_miller at apple.com>
wrote:

> Results appear to be neutral on the page load time benchmark, so you
> should be good on that front. I don’t know who the best person to vet the
> maturity of the code is though, sorry.

Thanks a lot Keith, I appreciate it!
@Maciej Stachowiak <mjs at apple.com>, what would be a good way to assert
whether the code maturity is good enough to enable paint timing by default?
The original code was reviewed by smfr and initially by zalan. It's covered
by over 30 tests, mostly WPT, and A/B tests show no effect on load times as
per Keith's check.
Would asking for additional reviews be the next step? From whom?

Cheers,
Noam