[webkit-dev] Suggesting to enable paint timing by default

Noam Rosenthal noam at webkit.org
Mon Jul 13 03:02:56 PDT 2020

On Wed, May 27, 2020 at 12:04 PM Yoav Weiss <yoav at yoav.ws> wrote:

> +Ryosuke Niwa <rniwa at webkit.org> +Alex Christensen
> <achristensen at apple.com> who were involved in the spec discussions.
>
> On Wed, May 27, 2020 at 10:29 AM Noam Rosenthal <noam at webkit.org> wrote:
>

>> Following up on this.
>>
>>> FOn Tue, May 12, 2020 at 10:28 AM Maciej Stachowiak <mjs at apple.com>

>> for this? Simon had reviewed the original patch. Maybe Zalan/Darin?
>>
>> A helpful person from Apple may be able to set up an A/B test for this
>>>>
>>> What's required to ask for help from a helpful person at Apple? :)
>>
> Hola
Pinging about this again :)
The code for paint timing API is sitting there in the repo, waiting either
for internal Apple A/B tests, for an additional code maturity review, or
for enabling it by default... I'm here if any changes in the code need to
be made.

Trying to figure out how we can proceed with this... @Maciej Stachowiak
<mjs at apple.com>?
Cheers