[webkit-dev] WebKit position on unprefixed 'appearance' CSS property

TAMURA, Kent tkent at chromium.org
Wed Jan 15 18:09:33 PST 2020

Hi,

We, Chromium project, would like to change -webkit-appearance CSS property
behavior so that it follows the current css-ui-4 draft [1], and I'd like to
know your opinions about the changes. Do you support each of the following
changes?

1) Add support of 'auto' keyword

2) Unship keywords which are not necessary for web compatibility
  Low usage keywords such as 'inner-spin-button'.  This doesn't mean we'll
remove painting code for such keywords. 'auto' keyword will be used instead.

3) Ship unprefixed 'appearance' property

[1] https://drafts.csswg.org/css-ui-4/#propdef-appearance

--
TAMURA Kent
Software Engineer, Google