[webkit-dev] Use of [[maybe_unused]]

Alex Christensen achristensen at apple.com
Tue Jan 14 15:48:29 PST 2020

I think that would still use 1 extra byte per object, which isn’t ideal but we may be ok with that.

In general [[maybe_unused]] tells the compiler to stop telling us about potential speedups.  Usually that speedup is just a value in a register or on the stack, which has a relatively small cost, but sometimes it can be a large cost if it’s using lots of memory.  We may choose that’s ok.