[webkit-dev] GitHub Account and Commit Attribution

Jonathan Bedard jbedard at apple.com
Thu Dec 17 08:47:55 PST 2020

Hey folks,

Something we’ve just learned about commit attribution and GitHub is that adding an email to your GitHub account may not attribute commits that were pushed to a repository before you added the email. There were a few issues with history as it stands now, and I will be pushing up the final version of history in the next few days.

What this means for you now is that it is time to set-up your GitHub account if you have not already and add any emails you used to commit to WebKit to your account (GitHub allows multiple emails to be associated with a single account).

Jonathan
WebKit Continuous Integration