[webkit-dev] GitHub Clone Published

Jonathan Bedard jbedard at apple.com
Mon Dec 14 07:28:08 PST 2020

Hello contributors,

This morning, I just finished pushing main with re-written history to https://github.com/WebKit/WebKit <https://github.com/WebKit/WebKit>. Nothing is yet relying on this new repository yet, so we still have an opportunity to change things. In particular, I’m interested in making sure recent contributions are being correctly attributed. Note that at the moment, we have not migrated all branches yet, although there is an example of a migrated branch (the safari-609-branch, to be specific).

On December 18th, I intend to advertise https://github.com/WebKit/WebKit <https://github.com/WebKit/WebKit> as the future canonical home of the WebKit project, and will be publishing instructions on how to rebase forks of the old https://github.com/WebKit/WebKit-http <https://github.com/WebKit/WebKit-http> repository.

Jonathan Bedard
WebKit Continuous Integration