[webkit-dev] Recent EWS improvements

Adrian Perez de Castro aperez at igalia.com
Wed Sep 4 08:49:46 PDT 2019

Hello Aakash, WebKittens,

On Thu, 29 Aug 2019 18:01:56 -0400, Aakash Jain <aakash_jain at apple.com> wrote:

> I want to update everyone with the further improvements I have made to new
> EWS. As always, please feel free to provide any feedback (either by filing
> bugs or contacting me directly).
>
> New Features:
>
> [...]

Thanks a ton for all the improvements in the EWS! Since we moved the GTK/EWS
builders to the new queues they have been faster and more reliable. After
solving a couple of minor hiccups right after the switch, the builders have
not needed any manual intervention since (with the old system we would need
to clean stray files from old builds now and then, but not anymore!)

\o/

> Only remaining queues on old EWS are windows, jsc and commit-queue, which I
> will be working on next.

Today Xan López and I talked a bit about the JSCOnly queue. We have a many
builders targeting different architectures, which we would like to have
moved to the new system.

In the case of the JSC port, instead of grouping all of the builders under a
single “jsc” status bubble it would be better to have a bubble for each target
architecture e.g. “jsc-armv7”, “jsc-arm64”, and so on.

The motivation is that we think it makes sense to that the system considers
that a patch cannot be landed if it breaks any of the supported JSC
architectures. With a single status bubble grouping them, we can have
situations where a builder for one architecture passes the build+checks
but the patch may still break *some other* architecture (e.g. a patch
that touches ARM code generation gets picked by a MIPS builder).

Is the above something that can supported? Let us know if you need more
information and/or some support from our side for this.

Best regards,
—Adrián