[webkit-dev] Upgrading Buildbot on EWS

Aakash Jain aakash_jain at apple.com
Sat Oct 5 10:22:43 PDT 2019

Hi All,

I am planning to upgrade Buildbot on EWS (ews-build.webkit.org) tomorrow (Sunday, Oct 6th) around 6am PST from v1.7 to v1.8.2. It would give us few security fixes. Note that we aren't upgrading to Buildbot 2.0+ yet, since it need Python 3 compatibility. Python 3 compatibility work would be done separately.

I have already tested this version (v1.8.2) on the UAT instance (ews-build.webkit-uat.org). The risk is minimal and the downtime should be only few minutes. Please let me know if there is any concern.

Thanks
Aakash