[webkit-dev] WinCairo EWS

Don.Olmstead at sony.com Don.Olmstead at sony.com
Wed Oct 2 10:43:45 PDT 2019

This has been a continual problem with EWS and WinCairo. The previous incarnation did nuke the temp directories after each iteration which meant the bots stayed up longer than they have since the new EWS was brought up, but they always hit this problem.

The root of it appears to be the patch.exe used. GNU win 32 ports died out a long time ago. The newest version of that is 2.5.9 from May of 2007. The latest released version of patch from GNU is 2.7.6 released in Feb of 2018. I’m looking into using msys2 for the GNU tools that WebKit needs and it is my hope that this would sort out the instability caused by patch.exe not cleaning up after itself.