[webkit-dev] Changing the svn commit hook to allow tabs for tests.

Keith Miller keith_miller at apple.com
Fri May 10 13:13:36 PDT 2019

> On May 10, 2019, at 1:07 PM, Darin Adler <darin at apple.com> wrote:
>
>> On May 10, 2019, at 1:00 PM, Keith Miller <keith_miller at apple.com> wrote:
>>
>> I don’t know if this is possible but it would be great if some sub-directories could be excluded from the no-tabs pre-commit hook.
>
> Maybe we can rewrite the pre-commit hook to allow a whole-directory exception. Ideally I’d prefer not to hardcode directories.

I’m not sure I know what you mean by allow a whole-directory exception. Do you mean a top level directory? Or some kind of parameter we pass to the hook to ignore some directory for that run?

I was thinking about excluding OpenSource/JSTests/ and maybe OpenSource/LayoutTests/ as these are the two directories where I expect all, if not most, tests that have tabs to live.

>> it’s pretty inconvenient to add the svn attribute that allows tabs every time I update the tests
>
> Does it really have to be inconvenient? Can we make script that does this and check it in so anyone can run it? Or build it into webkit-patch or whatever tool you already use?

We could do this. One remaining problem, however, is that you can’t commit with git-svn as it doesn’t support svn properties (or at least I wasn’t able to figure it out).

Cheers,
Keith