[webkit-dev] Changing the svn commit hook to allow tabs for tests.

Keith Miller keith_miller at apple.com
Fri May 10 13:00:50 PDT 2019

Hi all,

I don’t know if this is possible but it would be great if some sub-directories could be excluded from the no-tabs pre-commit hook. For example, there are many test262 tests that contain tabs, either because they intentionally try to test parsing tab characters or because they were written by someone that used them. Regardless, it’s pretty inconvenient to add the svn attribute that allows tabs every time I update the tests. Since svn properties can’t apply to directories, as far as I know, there’s no way to add the “allow-tabs” property to the entire test262 directory.

Alternatively, we could remove the pre-commit hook as tabs should be caught by the style-checker anyway. This is a more contentious choice so I’m not proposing it as the first option unless someone else wants to push for it.

Cheers,
Keith Miller