[webkit-dev] Spam and indexing

Darin Adler darin at apple.com
Thu May 2 14:32:18 PDT 2019

Should we post instructions somewhere for people dealing with spam? I believe the instructions are:

1) Look up the email address of the account that posted the spam and disable it first, so spammers don’t get email about other steps. Do this by clicking on Administration, Users, finding the user and putting the word “Spam” into the disable text.

2) Move any spam bugs into the Spam component.

3) Mark any spam comments as Private and also add the tag “spam”.

But maybe there’s more to it than that. For example, can someone without administration privileges do the right thing? Should we make a small tool to make this easier to do correctly?

I like the idea of having instructions so this isn’t oral tradition.

— Darin