[webkit-dev] -Wpessimizing-move and -Wredundant-move

Michael Catanzaro mcatanzaro at igalia.com
Tue Mar 19 07:48:12 PDT 2019

Several more return WTFMove() cases were committed just between
yesterday and today. Please be careful. :)

On Tue, Mar 19, 2019 at 8:01 AM, Emilio Cobos
=?iso-8859-1?q?=C1lvarez?= <emilio at crisal.io> wrote:
> In Gecko, when I switched from mozilla::Move to std::move [1], I had
> disable the warning and fix all of them in a followup, since clang
> didn't use to warn about them.

We used to have WTF::move defined as a function, but now it's a #define
to ensure std::move gets called directly. I think that's what Andy
meant when he says "WTFMove was written to accommodate these warnings."

Michael