[webkit-dev] PSA: WebCore::Quirks should define the logic to determine if a particular site specific quirk is needed or not

Ryosuke Niwa rniwa at webkit.org
Tue Mar 12 20:06:09 PDT 2019

On Tue, Mar 12, 2019 at 7:57 PM Michael Catanzaro <mcatanzaro at igalia.com>
wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 12, 2019 at 9:42 PM, Ryosuke Niwa <rniwa at webkit.org> wrote:
> > On that note, I'd appreciate if someone who maintains PlayStation /
> > Windows ports could cleanup standardsUserAgentForURL to use
> > WebsitePolicies in WebKit layer instead of having the logic in
> > WebCore.
>
> Looks like standardUserAgentForURL is a stub for both PlayStation and
> Windows? Only the UserAgentGLib.cpp implementation of
> standardUserAgentForURL actually calls into UserAgentQuirks.cpp.

Oh, I didn't notice that.

What exactly are you hoping to have changed?

Right now, WebPage::platformUserAgent on GTK+ and Windows checks
needsSiteSpecificQuirks
and returns the result of standardUserAgentForURL.

Ideally, we want all ports to be using WebsitePolicies to set per-URL UA
string instead.
e.g. we've got rid of the code on macOS and iOS.

- R. Niwa