[webkit-dev] PSA: WebCore::Quirks should define the logic to determine if a particular site specific quirk is needed or not

Ryosuke Niwa rniwa at webkit.org
Tue Mar 12 19:42:22 PDT 2019

Hi all,

I've consolidated all site specific quirks in WebCore and WebKit into
WebCore::Quirks:
https://trac.webkit.org/browser/webkit/trunk/Source/WebCore/page/Quirks.cpp

Going forward, any logic to determine whether a given site specific quirk
is needed or not in a given document should be added to this class instead
of scattered across our codebase and/or directly checking
Settings::needsSiteSpecificQuirks.

On that note, I'd appreciate if someone who maintains PlayStation / Windows
ports could cleanup standardsUserAgentForURL to use WebsitePolicies in
WebKit layer instead of having the logic in WebCore.

- R. Niwa