[webkit-dev] Windows 32-bit support?

Michael Catanzaro mcatanzaro at igalia.com
Tue Jun 25 08:42:04 PDT 2019

It's great that you find our stable branches helpful, but keep in mind
those branches do not include Windows-specific fixes.

On Tue, Jun 25, 2019 at 9:53 AM, Arunprasad Rajkumar
<ararunprasad at gmail.com> wrote:
> Right. Actually the problem is in 32-bit Windows platform. I see that
> the JIT support has been dropped some time ago, and CLOOP based
> backend seems to be unstable on 32-bit Windows. Any thoughts on that?

So I'm not an expert here, but I understand there are three ways you
can build JSC:

(1) -DENABLE_JIT=ON, -DENABLE_C_LOOP=OFF
(2) -DENABLE_JIT=OFF, -DENABLE_C_LOOP=OFF (?)
(3) -DENABLE_JIT=OFF, -DENABLE_C_LOOP=ON

(-DENABLE_JIT=ON and -DENABLE_C_LOOP=ON are incompatible.)

I believe that nowadays the only 32-bit platforms supported by JIT are
Linux, and there only for ARM and MIPS, not x86. So you're almost
certainly going to need to use -DENABLE_JIT=OFF. That eliminates option
(1).

You say the cloop seems unstable for you, which is option (3). So
perhaps you should try option (2) if you haven't already. I'm not
actually sure if that works, because I'm not an expert, which is why I
added that (?) to it. But at least it couldn't hurt to try.

Maybe the Windows port maintainers know more about the status of 32-bit
Windows support?

Michael