[webkit-dev] Requesting feedback about EWS comments on Bugzilla bugs

Aakash Jain aakash_jain at apple.com
Tue Jun 18 14:11:20 PDT 2019

> On Jun 17, 2019, at 1:52 PM, Keith Rollin <krollin at apple.com> wrote:
>
>> On Jun 16, 2019, at 11:14, Darin Adler <darin at apple.com> wrote:
>>
>> If we want to augment it, we should think of what we are aiming at. I do find it useful to see which tests are failing, and when I click on the red bubble I don’t see that information. I have to click once to see the “log of activities” then click on “results”, then see a confusing giant file with lots of other information. At the bottom of that file the one thing I want to know.
>
> We might want to also start turning those failure into action items. We could have an automatic mechanism that gathers the failures, records them in a database, and then — with sufficient data — makes determinations about the flakiness or other status of the test. It could then mark the test as flaky or raise it as an issue to some responsible (and responsive) party.

Agree. This is the plan. Jonathan Bedard is working on an improved flakiness dashboard. Once we have that, EWS will start using it's API to get the test flakiness information. That should significantly reduce EWS's false positives (and also reduce the number of retries EWS has to do while trying to rule out flakiness).