[webkit-dev] Tools/TestWebKitAPI

Michael Catanzaro mcatanzaro at igalia.com
Tue Feb 5 12:10:56 PST 2019

Hi,

I started writing this mail to propose creating a separate ChangeLog
for Tools/TestWebKitAPI, to make the Tools/ ChangeLog more focused on,
you know, actual tools. So many of my changes under Tools/ are to the
API tests.

But this reminded me that TestWebKitAPI is the only testsuite we have
under Tools/. All the rest are toplevel directories:

JSTests/
LayoutTests/
ManualTests/
PerformanceTests/
WebDriverTests/
WebPlatformTests/

So it almost doesn't fit under Tools/ at all, right? Would there be any
objections to moving it to a toplevel WebKitAPITests/ or just APITests/
directory? That would nicely parallel all our other tests.

(The practical objection is that moving anything is difficult for
someone without familiarity with both XCode and CMake. I'd only be able
to help with the CMake portion of the move. And then Apple internal
build will inevitably break too, so someone would need to volunteer to
care for that.)

If we don't want to move it, I guess a new ChangeLog file would be
fine? :)

Michael