[webkit-dev] Experimental and (new) Internal feature flags

Dean Jackson dino at apple.com
Thu Sep 13 13:00:45 PDT 2018

> On 13 Sep 2018, at 13:49, youenn fablet <youennf at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> When implementing a new feature, the first thing we usually do is having an experimental flag turned off by default. At some point, we turn on the experimental flag for tests. When ready, the flag is turned on by default.

This isn't true. What we have is pretty strange.

WKTR turns on all experimental features, no matter what their default is.

This is a bit crazy because it means we're potentially developing three different configurations, and testing the one that none of us ever live on.

1. Dev build with experimental features as their default
2. Testing with experimental features all on
3. Shipping, where we hopefully remember to turn off any experimental features that default to on.

Dean