[webkit-dev] Reducing globals

Alex Christensen achristensen at apple.com
Thu Nov 29 18:15:20 PST 2018

I am embarking on a journey to reduce the number of global variables and singletons we use instead member variables on the proper objects.  Feel free to join!

Specifically, I’m looking into reducing the number of members in the NetworkProcessCreationParameters structure.  Many of them need to go to NetworkSessionCreationParameters instead.  Could those maintaining the libsoup and libcurl networking implementations please lend a hand and move the members enclosed in USE(SOUP) or USE(CURL)?  I have done similar moves in https://trac.webkit.org/changeset/238654/webkit and https://trac.webkit.org/changeset/238630/webkit if you would like a pattern to follow.