[webkit-dev] Remove HAVE_ACCESSIBILITY

Timothy Hatcher timothy at apple.com
Fri Nov 16 11:41:21 PST 2018

> On Nov 16, 2018, at 10:44 AM, Ryosuke Niwa <rniwa at webkit.org> wrote:
>
> If a stub implementation is ok for ports without an actual accessibility implementation then Iā€™d say remove both flags. Then downstream users would never have to worry about breaking due to AX signatures changing.
>

> I don't think a stub implementation is okay.

Removing ENABLE(ACCESSIBILITY) would be fine. Either way, I do think we need a better way to maintain !HAVE(ACCESSIBILITY).

There have been at least ~38 build fixes for !HAVE(ACCESSIBILITY) over the years ā€” one every 2-3 months on average. It was one of the pain points I remember in maintaining an outside port.

https://trac.webkit.org/search?q=%21HAVE%28ACCESSIBILITY%29

ā€” Timothy Hatcher