[webkit-dev] [jsc-dev] Proposal: Removing ENABLE(INTL)

Michael Catanzaro mcatanzaro at igalia.com
Mon May 21 07:45:30 PDT 2018

On Mon, May 21, 2018 at 8:55 AM, Konstantin Tokarev <annulen at yandex.ru>
wrote:
> For the record, having !ENABLE(INTL) option allowed to build WebKit
> against old ICU versions, e.g. version that is shipped with RHEL 7.

For WebKitGTK+, we do not support building without ENABLE(INTL), and we
don't need to worry about RHEL 7 since RHEL is shipping an unsupported
version of WebKit with bundled ICU.

But we do need to support Ubuntu 16.04 (with ICU 55). If ENABLE(INTL)
is going to require newer ICU than that, then we would need to expose
ENABLE(INTL) and ensure that disabling it works. We do have a buildbot
to check this, and it's green right now, so trunk must be fine. But I'm
curious if anyone knows what the ICU requirement is for ENABLE(INTL)?

Michael