[webkit-dev] [jsc-dev] Question about ARMv7 JIT maintenance by Apple

Yusuke SUZUKI utatane.tea at gmail.com
Tue May 8 23:11:07 PDT 2018

On Wed, May 9, 2018 at 6:46 AM Michael Saboff <msaboff at apple.com> wrote:

> Yusuke,
>
> What are the deficiencies you see in the current ARMv7 disassembler?

This is just removing some code in WebKit tree. Basically there is no
functionality difference.
Currently, MIPS and ARM use capstone disassembler. If we can use this for
ARMv7, it simplifies the implementation.

I don't want to use capstone for X86, X86_64, and ARM64 right now since
these instruction sets are really changing: new instructions are added
frequently.
So I would like to have our own ones in the tree. But for MIPS, ARM and
ARMv7, instruction sets are not so changed in terms of our JIT.

Best regards,
Yusuke Suzuki