[webkit-dev] Objective-C code in libwebrtc already assuming ARC?

Darin Adler darin at apple.com
Wed Jun 6 10:00:17 PDT 2018

> On Jun 6, 2018, at 9:39 AM, Dan Bernstein <mitz at apple.com> wrote:
>
> libwebrtc.xcconfig sets CLANG_ENABLE_OBJC_ARC to YES for the libwebrtc target. Since RTCVideoCodecH264.mm is part of that target the file is compiled with ARC.

OK, great. That’s what I missed.

I’ll get rid of the stray -fobjc-arc in ThirdParty/libwebrtc/libwebrtc.xcodeproj/project.pbxproj for voice_processing_audio_unit.mm as a cleanup step.

Should we also set it in ThirdParty/libwebrtc/Configurations/Base.xcconfig or is there a good argument against doing that? I am considering setting it there and removing it from libwebrtc.xcconfig since eventually all the Base.xcconfig will have it. Or maybe we generally keep all the Base.xcconfig files in sync with each other?

— Darin