[webkit-dev] why webkitgtk called "wayland" or "x11“ graphic backed directly?

tugouxp 13824125580 at 163.com
Fri Apr 27 02:44:15 PDT 2018

Hi:
 i am a new beginner of of webkit,  i meet a problem when i review the code of webkitgtk-2.18.6. in directory

./webkitgtk-2.18.6/Source/WebCore/platform/graphic

i see there are two graphic backend "PlatformDisplayX11" and "PlatformDisplayWayland" are inherited from webcore class PlatformDisplay,  my questions is,
why webkit call the x11 or wayland directly without through the GTK graphic interface?  the graphic backend should be the GTK right?   so in my believe,  it should be the GTK lib not the webkit call  wayland or x11, where am i wrong?

x11/PlatformDisplayX11.h:38:class PlatformDisplayX11 final : public PlatformDisplay {
wayland/PlatformDisplayWayland.h:37:class PlatformDisplayWayland : public PlatformDisplay {

thanks for your kindly support and i much appreciate.