[webkit-dev] small browser video tag

Enrique Ocaña González eocanha at igalia.com
Fri Sep 22 09:19:16 PDT 2017

El viernes, 22 de septiembre de 2017 10:45:35 (CEST) Jerry Geis escribió:

> The enable mediasource function is now being called and with the get
> mediasource function it returns 1.
> So do I assume it was built with that ability enabled?  I would think it
> would return 0 if not able.

If you're using the WebKitGTK+ libraries which come with your distro, the odds
are that MSE is not enabled. You would need your own version with the right
build flags.

Run the YouTube Conformance tests[1]. If the first bunch of tests is red, then
there's some problem with the MSE support. If they're mostly green, then check
again your JavaScript code. Each of these JavaScript lines should return true:

  MediaSource.isTypeSupported('video/mp4; codecs="avc1.640028"');
  MediaSource.isTypeSupported('audio/mp4; codecs="mp4a.40.2"');

Have into account that we only support mp4 with h264 video and mpeg or aac
audio. Webm with vp9 and opus is currently not supported.

Cheers.

[1] http://yt-dash-mse-test.commondatastorage.googleapis.com/unit-tests/
2016.html?enablewebm=false&command=run

--