[webkit-dev] Server based HTML features

Myles C. Maxfield mmaxfield at apple.com
Fri Oct 27 14:22:03 PDT 2017

> On Oct 26, 2017, at 7:12 AM, Nagendra K <pingnagendra at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I have a Linux based embedded device which has WebKit of 2010, can I backport features like xhr2, CSP1. Do these features depend on any other features?
> Reading the standard there seems to be dependencies with feature like webworkers, ES6.
> Can someone share the info on xhr2 and CSP1 dependencies. Also do these features have depency on the PORT like webkitgtk, Qt etc.

I don’t believe the WebKit project is interested in back-porting features across 7 years of commits. Feel free to do this in your fork, but don’t expect much help or support from the WebKit developer community.

> Second a basic question, how the browser and WebKit communicate?

WebKit is a framework (or library, depending on your port), and we communicate the same way any other framework communicates with any other framework.