[webkit-dev] BigInt implementation

Caio Lima ticaiolima at gmail.com
Wed Oct 18 17:50:14 PDT 2017

Hi WebKittens.

I’m planning to start implement JS BigInt proposal on JSC, however I
would like to sync with you the way you are planning to implement such
feature.

Right now, I’m thinking in implement BigInt operations into C++
(possibly on WTF?) and make the JSBigInt use this implementation. As I
have checked with some other implementors, some of them are going to
use libgmp (SpiderMonkey case), but I don’t think its license (GPLv2)
aligns with WebKit’s license and I heard that V8 is implementing their
BigInt lib as well. By now, I’m thinking in implement a proof of
concept and then, optimize the BigInt lib part. So, what I would like
to collect from you is: Is there any problem start work on that
feature?

It is one of the proposals that I’ve made to my Coding Experience at
Igalia, so I will also have the support of developers from there,
since they are implementing it on SpiderMonkey and the spec champion
is also in the team.

Regards,
Caio.