[webkit-dev] Tests failing because WPT images not served at correct URL?

Darin Adler darin at apple.com
Sat Oct 7 15:51:53 PDT 2017

Look at the expected results here <https://trac.webkit.org/browser/webkit/trunk/LayoutTests/imported/w3c/web-platform-tests/html/semantics/embedded-content/the-img-element/usemap-casing-expected.txt>. The results show “expected" failures like this one:

"FAIL Image with usemap of #åωk should not match any of the areas null is not an object (evaluating 'element.parentElement’)”

But that failure is not happening because of a bug in WebKit. It’s happening because the test image, referenced by the test with the URL "/images/threecolors.png”, is in the directory "LayoutTests/imported/w3c/web-platform-tests/images”. That does not show up correctly in the web server at the path “/images/threecolors.png”. It seems that “/“ serves the contents of “LayoutTests“, not the contents of “LayoutTests/imported/w3c/web-platform-tests”.

Who set this up? How is it supposed to work? Is this a known problem with the way we run the web server for the Web Platform Tests? Can someone fix this? Should I file a bug about this at bugs.webkit.org instead of writing to the list about it?

— Darin