[webkit-dev] Upstreaming from LayoutTests to web-platform-tests, coordinating Blink+WebKit

Alexey Proskuryakov ap at webkit.org
Thu Nov 16 09:10:36 PST 2017

Migrating WebKit tests seems undesirable to me, as that would make us lose all their modification history. As mentioned before, WPT tests are inherently getting less attention in CI support, largely because of unclear benefit when there isn't any history for why the particular test was added.

Regression tests are taking an excessive amount of time to run for us (more than 1.5 hours in a debug build), a very large proportion of which is WPT. I do not think that the strategy of adopting WPT tests is working well for WebKit.

- Alexey