[webkit-dev] Another WPT bite

Anne van Kesteren annevk at annevk.nl
Thu May 11 21:30:58 PDT 2017

On Tue, May 9, 2017 at 8:27 PM, Simon Fraser <simon.fraser at apple.com> wrote:
> I'm also concerned that with 4 vendors upstreaming their WPT tests, the WPT
> repo will just become a morass of partially overlapping tests that takes 4x
> longer to run than a curated repo.

Why do you think WPT is not curated? It's an actively maintained test
suite. Treating it as a dumping ground would be a mistake I think.

For WHATWG standards we make sure to update corresponding tests for
each change to the standard as well at which point any needed cleanup
occurs (we didn't start out with this process unfortunately so there's
definitely some cleanup left to be done here and there, but that's
true for each software project).

--
https://annevankesteren.nl/