[webkit-dev] Performance Difference between Webkit and Wekit2 API's

Rodney Dowdall rdowdall at cranksoftware.com
Wed May 10 06:19:47 PDT 2017

Hello

We currently have a port of WebKit that uses the WebKit API.  It works
well, but the performance isn't quite at the level of some other WebKit
ports.

I was wondering if there would be an expected performance gain by using the
Webkit2 API.  My line of thinking is that the streamlining that takes place
under the WebKit API could be killing our performance.

Are there any performance numbers that show if there is a difference
between the two API's?

Thanks,
Rodney
--